Recent content by brianfoley

1. B

Extending a Waste-Supply - Lazy Option?

Thanks...oh I'll get around the crappy look. The question was about something being possible in principle. I will ensure the plumbers / remodellers have things nice and hidden. The problem was just that no-one seemed to have even an opinion in Ireland as to whether extending a waste line was...
  2. B

Ha! Seconded...I once had to ORDER a doctor to conduct an ultrasound on me...somewhere. Turned out I needed surgery when he was adamant that it was "just a passing pain".
  3. B

Right direction? Again, granted...but there seems to be more than one opinion on what the right direction is...I'd rather be informed than take one particular route as gospel. Re selling the house. You can sell a house in Dublin city for ridiculous money if it is infested with rats, smells...
  4. B

Granted. But there is more than one correct way to do many things. The very helpful feedback here has suggested a range of reasonable alteratives, rather than one formally deducible "right answer". So, it's not that "doing it correctly is not an issue", but whether "doing it correctly" really...
  5. B

Granted. But I wasn't asking whether I could do it, but whether it could be done. In this country, one rarely tends to get people out to look at work who then tell you that it doesn't need to be done. So, I simply wouldn't trust someone to come out and say "ahh yeah, you need to open up the...
  6. B

It's weird how I gravitate towards the most favourable response! Ah seriously though...thanks everyone. The diagram was perhaps misleading and was simply to get the "idea" across rather than offer proportionate dimensions. The actual space between the waste-pipe-fixed-in-floor and the new...
  7. B

. Thanks, but as I understand things the slope ratio refers to the minimum necessary slope for proper drainage rather than an absolute requirement. So, if the space actually allowed for a higher gradient (which it does - about a 20 degree slope), then it should be ok? In respect of code -...
  8. B

Hi there, I'm kinda new to all this and hoping that someone may be able to prod me in the right direction. I have decided (read: my girlfriend has told me) that our kitchen sink is to be moved to where "we get the sun". It's a nice idea, but it means that there will be no waste pipe where the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks