Recent content by BOB BAZAN

1. BOB BAZAN

Gas Line sizing question

Talked with a local plumber and he told me that I can branch off the 1 1/4" to my appliances and use it as a "main" since it come direct from the meter.
  2. BOB BAZAN

Gas Line sizing question

I just got off the phone with my local gas company.....the clueless lady I spoke with told m they have no way to determine the "inlet" or operating pressure after the meter !! She had no idea of pressure drop etc....wasted an hr on hold for nothing !
  3. BOB BAZAN

Gas Line sizing question

I am not a con ed customer so.....I have a call into my local utility..... National grid to find out the operating pressure. Once I determine the proper pipe size.....my questions still stand . thanks
  4. BOB BAZAN

Gas Line sizing question

I had a larger meter installed a few months back and the gas company had mentioned that it was 1/4 psi...after the meter
  5. BOB BAZAN

Gas Line sizing question

I am running an underground poly gas line from my outdoor meter around my house ...into my house to feed a 48" pro style range, a natural gas insert in a masonry chimney and a direct vent wall heater. Farthest appliance is the insert at approx. 100' from the meter...total btu load for the 3...
  6. BOB BAZAN

Gas meter question for Pro style range install...

Utility company came out yesterday to install the new gas meter and I was lucky to get a decent crew who actually saved me some time and $$. I told them my plans of building a garage and hooking up my new range. My gas meter was inside the house so I asked them to move it outside....the guy...
  7. BOB BAZAN

According to the utility company, the 1/2" supply line from the main will supply me approx. 780 CFH, so I should be fine considering my total load will be less than 400k btu's even with my new garage.
  8. BOB BAZAN

You are probably right but I have it stuck in my head that I need to cover myself @ full BTU load...even though it will most likely NEVER happen !! It may be overkill, having the new meter installed but since its free to upgrade...I figure what can it hurt, plus I want the option of running a...
  9. BOB BAZAN

I see you say 6psi....am I mistaken that they told me 45psi from the street....first they said 24psi, then looked up my street and house in their records.. they had the date of original installation, dates they upgraded the street etc.......and told me it was 45 ?
  10. BOB BAZAN

You are right, talked to the gas company today and the main from the street is a 1/2" line running @ 45psi ...which will supply about 800k btu's or 780 cfh, more than enough to supply my 425 cfh meter upgrade.
  11. BOB BAZAN

This is what I thought....just wanted to make sure, thanks
  12. BOB BAZAN

I will have a pro run the gas lines...if I can find one that has a clue !! As I said 2 licensed plumbers failed to realize that the meter needed an upgrade..makes me wonder ...they both came to the house and inspected the existing set up and looked at the new monster range. I spoke with the...
  13. BOB BAZAN

So, I could have a 1" gas meter connection ....step it up to 1.5" and still have the volume I need for the 100' run ?
  14. BOB BAZAN

I am in the middle of a kitchen remodel...called 2 plumbers to give me a quote on running a natural gas line , 1" for the Blue star 48" range which eats up 160k btu's. Both came in the same ballpark, so I was ready to pull the trigger on one when I met another contractor who asked me what size...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks