Recent content by bird is da word

1. bird is da word

Twist and set closet flange & plastering a toilet

I am having a new toilet installed. The existing waste line has a lead riser to a brass closet flange. The flared lead riser has detached from the brass flange and split radially in the area that contacts the flange. I am looking at having the riser cut flush with the floor and installing a 3"...
  2. bird is da word

50 year old 3 valve tube/shower faucet question

Pull the handle...took a close look and it is a Speakman. I would like to replace the handles, escutcheon, and stem assemblies. I have found the handle and escutcheon parts on www.e-onlineplumbingparts.com Escutcheon - lower left...
  3. bird is da word

anyone know about replacing the guts and handle? The manifold doesn't leak or drip. I am looking to avoid tile work. I am also curious to know if there are ways to identify the brand of this faucet.
  4. bird is da word

Hello gentlemen...I am in the midst of a cosmetic bathroom remodel and I have a few questions about a 3 valve shower faucet that is about 50+ years old. My problem is that the valves are shot and the all leak. Surprisingly no water leaks behind the tile wall. They all leak down the wall and...
  5. bird is da word

Air in pipes??

replace the float valve...the seal in the valve is bad.
  6. bird is da word

Closet flange extension options

Gary, Thanks for the feedback. I know for certain that the pipes are copper. My mechanical room is in the adjacent room to this 1/2 bath and has all copper plumbing that runs into the floor. I also saw the plumbing in the floor when I removed a section of wall that sat in the concrete...a...
  7. bird is da word

jad, in my situation the the lead riser and closet flange are embedded in concrete, that happens to be the slab foundation of the house. I cannot break up the floor because of domestic water supply lines that run in the concrete behind the toilet(don't ask, the house is 50+ yrs old). Is it...
  8. bird is da word

Help with closet flange extension options Hello, I am a first time poster on this forum and have a remodeling hurdle I am seeking advice on. I am remodeling a 1/2 bath and adjacent den in my 1940's cape cod. The house sits on a slab foundation. The closet flange is brass/bronze with a lead...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks