Recent content by Badulah

1. Badulah

How to Hook Portable Generator to House Well Pump.....

This is why I want a professional to install a transfer switch in the spring. So far we haven't lost power. We have been really lucky. Our area only got about 5 inches of snow before it turned over to rain / freezing rain early this morning. The rain mix is supposed to continue for a few...
  2. Badulah

I believe in being prepared. I'm not a doomsday prepper, but being self sufficient for 7 to 10 days never hurts. My concern here was that I was going to have to figure all of this out in the dark, and that could have lead to me making the wrong connections, which would not have been good. I...
  3. Badulah

DonL, no big deal. I really appreciate the advice.
  4. Badulah

On a side note, if you look at the picture I posted, I discovered a little bit of water on the grounding screws. It seems it is leaking up through the valve underneath it. I'm assuming this isn't a good thing?
  5. Badulah

All three of us are on the same page. We are all saying the same thing. I just think there was a little confusion, but I got it now.
  6. Badulah

Got cha! I traced the lines back and they match up with what I put in my previous post. Thanks everyone!! As I said, this is not a long-term thing. Hopefully we won't lose power during this storm and I won't have to do this at all. Since I have two children, one of which is an infant, I...
  7. Badulah

Reach4 says yes and DonL says no. They are marked from left to right: L1, T1, T2, L2 L1: Is currently connected to the grey lead, which goes to the breaker T1: Is currently connected to the black lead, which goes to the well pump T2: Is currently connected to the white lead, which goes...
  8. Badulah

Reach4: THANKS!! I just measured the run and I can cut it down to around 28 feet. Hopefully that long of a run won't cause it to lose to much power. During the winter I'm not so concerned with my HVAC system because I have a wood burning stove that heats the entire house.
  9. Badulah

First off, I want to thank everyone who has responded. I really appreciate everyone's input. I don't know how big my well pump is. It was installed about 10 years ago, which was 7 years before I purchased the house. It is over 250 feet in the ground and I have no idea how to find out how big...
  10. Badulah

After reading your reply I went back in to the utility room and looked at everything again. I completely forgot the pump and pressure tank are two different things. In order to have running water, both will need to operate. I attached a photo of what I think should be the connection point...
  11. Badulah

I recently purchased a portable Coleman generator (6875 max load) and although it is very handy, we have well water at home and I was wondering if there was a way to wire the well pump in to the 220 plug on the generator. I spoke with someone at the local hardware store and they sold me a 50...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks