Recent content by Afireinside

1. Afireinside

Brine discharge?

Been in our house 3 years and the old non working softner discharge is a flex line that runs into our septic drain stack. So when we had a new unit installed (local MI compay Lakeland water) they just reused the old line. Talking to a guy at my work and he reccomended getting that out of the...
  2. Afireinside

New HWH advice

Yes sorry existing rusty old tank is a 50 gal nat gas tank. We still want a tank. Well i want to eliminate a atmo vent to block up the underside of the chimney run we get freezing air rushing into the mech room in basement all winter due to clearance flue needs to be from wood. So want a ext...
  3. Afireinside

New HWH advice

Looking for some input a trusted cousin installs HVAC and HWH (also works for a large local copany as his main gig) Ill be Replacing a 17 year old 50 gal AO Smith nat gas that costs $22/month to operate but stripped the anode rod trying to replace and dont want to risk a flooded newly renovated...
  4. Afireinside

Cantilever insulation/sealing?

Ok well the front of the house I did has made a difference in at least the heat registers are encapsulated and masticked so I am getting ALOT more pressure/volume coming out and the metal vent is getting quite warm compared to how cold it would stay even if the furnace ran awhile. And our master...
  5. Afireinside

Ok thanks before reading your response I got frisky today and the smaller front cantilever in our master (12' long or so) I pulled down the the soffit it was one layer of 5/16 ply and 1/2 of OSB and maybe R19 laid in the space. Their is no backer wood block inside the house, I can see from one...
  6. Afireinside

Hello I normally would not jump into a thread but this is VERY similar to something I have going on. Our house is a 1996 colonial in Michigan, and Ive been agonizing on how to insulate our cantilever chambers for 3 years now. I began by adding a new GAF HD roof with ridge vent, added up to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks