Help - Identify Old Amer. Stand. Mixing Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

fineline

Design/Build
Reaction score
first time poster, hoping someone can help me out. I have an old American Standard single lever shower mixing valve that has been leaking like crazy.

I have attached photos since they are worth a 1,000 words -- I'm not a plumber but have renovated houses most of my life so I am a fairly competent jack-of-all-trades, but I'm hoping for a little direction on the steps I need to repair this also. The house was built in 1954 but for some reason I feel like this fixture is older then that - it was a builder's own home and he was the only owner before me.

The handle has a part number of L-1192-2 and the cover plate is 922-1 but I haven't been able to find anything online about them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• coverplate_handle.jpg
    coverplate_handle.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 2,307
  • valve_screws_out.jpg
    valve_screws_out.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 2,227
  • Guts.jpg
    Guts.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 2,259

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

It is an American Standard B-200 valve. Send me a private message with your e-mail address and I will send you the break down, parts list, and a source where you should be able to find them.

Adavel

Reaction score
American Standard

It is an American Standard B-200 valve. Send me a private message with your e-mail address and I will send you the break down, parts list, and a source where you should be able to find them.

Your post is the only good info I can find. I have the American Standard R 1400 mixing valve and I need a handle for it. I believe it is the same or similar to the B 200. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Dave

Orange

Reaction score
Another first time poster who stumbled onto this thread searching for help trying to find out something about an old American Standard mixing valve that I need to replace/repair, hopefully without destroying the tile in our shower. Any ideas as to what model etc. this is and where I can find out more about it?

Thanks for any and all help!

Attachments

• shower-1.jpg
    shower-1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 4,665
  • shower-2.jpg
    shower-2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 2,159
  • shower-3.jpg
    shower-3.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 2,859

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It has been so long since I have seen one of those that I am not sure if it used the Schaible mechanism with the spring loaded tilting stems. If so, there was a company that made a conversion kit, but it has been many years since they have contacted me about them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks