Pulsatron pump issues

Users who are viewing this thread

milk001

Reaction score
Hello all,

I hope i am posting in the right section. We are renting a home which had a chlorinator pump which seem to have worked but then failed, the sulfur smell is bad. I purchased a new pulsatron pump to replace it but i am having problem with the pump building too much pressure and blowing hose off pump. I have researched the internet and the plumbing they did doesnt seem correct. We have a jet pump that flows downward off of the main line there is a ball valve then a check valve the thread coupling where the chlorinator injector is installed. Please kindly give me some pointers how this should be plumbed. Thank You

Attachments

• IMG_0276.JPG
    IMG_0276.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0277.JPG
    IMG_0277.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 180

Reach4

Reaction score
I purchased a new pulsatron pump to replace it but i am having problem with the pump building too much pressure and blowing hose off pump.
What hose blows off of where on which pump? I presume F is the old disconnected pump, and D is the new pump. So you probably mean D. So is the hose at C coming out? Or B?
img_1.jpg

I don't know how that should be set up. I presume there is a pressure gauge not shown.

milk001

Reaction score
What hose blows off of where on which pump? I presume F is the old disconnected pump, and D is the new pump. So you probably mean D. So is the hose at C coming out? Or B?
View attachment 40438

I don't know how that should be set up. I presume there is a pressure gauge not shown.

D is the New pump, hose blows off on the discharge side of pump (c). There is a pressure gauge on top of Jetpump.

Reach4

Reaction score
D is the New pump, hose blows off on the discharge side of pump (c). There is a pressure gauge on top of Jetpump.
Usually a compression fitting connecting polyethylene has a ferrule (olive) around the tubing, and an insert into the cut end to provide inside resistance to compression. If these are present, then I would guess that you were not using enough torque, or the fitting was not made for the job.

Were the not-holding fitting parts reused? If the current fitting is not holding, try a new fitting.

Where does hose (E) go? Does B go to a dip tube into the solution tank?

I am not a plumber or other pro.