Faqs on home security systems

Users who are viewing this thread

B

BestSecurity

Why Should I Buy A Home Security System?
Various researches as proved that the majority of break-ins are done on premises which do not have any type of electronic alarm device. Furthermore, homes without home security systems are 2 to 3 times more likely to be invaded. The effort to install a home security system is negligible compared to the added security it can provide you and your family.

What Should A Home Security System Do For Me?
A basic home security system is designed to deter and detect intruders. It secures your home or business by first securing potential areas of entry from the outside such as doors and windows. Secondly, it detects intrusion within the premise according to zones through motion detectors or other space protection devices.

What Types of Home Security Systems Are There?
Best Security Systems can provide a range of Home Security Systems to suit different customer requirements. There are two main types of home alarm systems: "hard wired systems" or a "wireless systems", and each have their pros and cons. A wireless alarm systems does not require wiring, is battery operated, and its signal is transmitted through radio frequency. A hard wired system has its devices and central control panel connected with wires.

How To Compare Quotes for Home Security Systems
Give some consideration to what you may be looking for in a home security system. Once you begin the process, it is important to remain consistent when dealing with competing quotes otherwise you will not be in a position to compare apples to apples. An on-site evaluation by the alarm company is recommended before an educated quote can be provided to you.

How Do Home Security Systems' Alarms Work?
Sensors are set in certain points around your house that triggers an alarm if motion is detected. Within seconds of receiving your alarm signal, an operator is able to view your file and your relevant information on their computer screen. Our alarm company will know immediately which guard service or authority to dispatch, and who to contact if we are unable to reach you.

Last edited by a moderator:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
This sounds like SPAM to me, as you have oferred your services here. I'm not sure if Terry permits that.

The info is interesting though.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
At least you are not a Chinese company looking for a partner, but this type of post is obviously an advertisement of your security business and that is not allowed on this forum. Now, if some one asked a question about home security systems, you would be OK answering the person's question.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
MOST security companies have a fairly long "lead time" between when the alarm goes off and someone arrives at the building to check for an intrusion. I have set alarms off and NO ONE ever came to check on it. Just once the police department arrived about a half hour later, by which time I had completed my work, but could have cleaned out the house if I were a burglar. As the police department told a friend when she came home and found her door open, and the police got there an hour later, "You wouldn't want us to go in there if someone was still there, would you? Someone could get shot."

Dgold

Avoid DIYer
Reaction score
cheaper deterrents

I grew up with German Shepard dogs in the house. As a deterrent, I'll take a medium / large dog ahead of a so-called security system any day.

That said, I believe thieves are - by the nature of their vocation - lazy people. Therefore, my philosophy is to make would-be thieves believe the other guys house is easier and or lower risk.

So I bought "protected by _____" window stickers of ****. I'm confident I've got 90% of the benefit of a security system for a one time expense of < $20.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I grew up with German Shepard dogs in the house. As a deterrent, I'll take a medium / large dog ahead of a so-called security system any day.

That said, I believe thieves are - by the nature of their vocation - lazy people. Therefore, my philosophy is to make would-be thieves believe the other guys house is easier and or lower risk.

So I bought "protected by _____" window stickers of ****. I'm confident I've got 90% of the benefit of a security system for a one time expense of < $20.

dgold, if you love your dog like most dog owners do, including myself, you you spend lots more on good dog food, vet care, toys and stuff for the dog than any normal security system costs. A dog is a member of your family and although it is a good deterrent to theft, should be thought more of a loved family member than a weapon. just my 2 cents, and the way I feel anyway.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
dgold, if you love your dog like most dog owners do, including myself, you you spend lots more on good dog food, vet care, toys and stuff for the dog than any normal security system costs. A dog is a member of your family and although it is a good deterrent to theft, should be thought more of a loved family member than a weapon. just my 2 cents, and the way I feel anyway.

I agree.

I have an audio system that gets triggered by a motion sensor.

Virtual Dog barks, Any breed that you want, Just give it is some V Twatts and it is happy.
A 50 Watt audio amp also helps...

Keeps animals away also.

Save the Real Dog for playing fetch.

Enjoy Your Day.

DonL

DonL

Reaction score
Made in the USA

Which is better either the one which is nearer to our native place or the one which we will buy online through free shipping and door delivery?

Ones Made in the USA are the best.

http://hometownsecuritysystems.com

spam.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There may NOT be a "best" one. The ONLY real value to an alarm system is the monitoring service and how quickly an adequate response is made to an alarm. If you are in CA and the monitoring service is in AL, they have to contact a local responder, often NOT the police, to determine if an emergency exists. Calling the police first could subject the homeowner to a "nuisance response" fee if it was not a valid situation.

DonL

Reaction score
I have to pay $40 a month to have a real Landline.

Monitoring is $30 a month around here, and there is a "nuisance response" fee. Sometimes pets will trigger a alarm.

So $70 a month, In these parts.

I do my own monitoring and greet thieves with a 12 Gauge, My response time is a few seconds.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I had gone through the post. Now-a-days many companies provide home security system for protect our home. What is the installation time will be taken for home security, Is there any latest devices are there for protect our home. What is the main difference between wireless and portable wireless home security system. Please produce some more attachments about the topic for view detail information.
India
Don's system is the best and stops repeat offenders. In Texas, open carry is permitted (still?), so a perp might think twice about a street crime, but I think that perp might shoot first for safety sake (his). lol

Happy Birthday USA!

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If you have a gun do NOT tell the perp "If you take one more step I will shoot you." Only point the gun at someone if you are really prepared to use it, and then do it if necessary. A gun is NOT a very good scare tactic if the other person is already scared. DO NOT pull the trigger unless you can see WHO you are shooting. More familay members than intruders are killed by guns.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
If you have a gun do NOT tell the perp "If you take one more step I will shoot you." Only point the gun at someone if you are really prepared to use it, and then do it if necessary. A gun is NOT a very good scare tactic if the other person is already scared. DO NOT pull the trigger unless you can see WHO you are shooting. More familay members than intruders are killed by guns.
That is very good advice HJ

DonL

Reaction score
Happy Independence Day

That is very good advice HJ

I agree.

You need to shoot only if you want to kill, and only if it really needs to be done and they are armed.

I like my Infared cameras that give me a heads up when it is pitch black.

Say "Who goes there" before shooting, Just to make sure it is someone that does not belong.

It should only take one shot if you use the correct tool.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks