*Submersible Pump* Need Reccomendations

Users who are viewing this thread

mexicodiesel

Reaction score
Creel, a small town located high in the western Si
Website
www.downinmexico.org
Hello all,
I am needing advice on a deep well submersible pump. I need to know where and what to buy. I live in mexico, so there are not a lot of options here. I can receive UPS shipments in Chihuahua City, Mexico.
The pump I am needing would need to be a 3-wire with external control box. I need it to be able to lift from 300 to 400 feet straight up out of a canyon. The flow would need to be at least 12-15 GPM. My budget is around $600 for the pump.
This pump will be used to provide drinking water for a Tarahumara village in the mountains of Chihuahua, Mexico.

Thanks in Advance,
Ryan Maness
Highways and Hedges Ministries
http://www.downinmexico.org
gotaearth.gif

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Is that $ 600.00 for just the pump? no tank, pipe, wire, controls ? If so, I doubt you could even get it in Mexico for that. How about donations?

mexicodiesel

Reaction score
Website
www.downinmexico.org
Is that $ 600.00 for just the pump? no tank, pipe, wire, controls ? If so, I doubt you could even get it in Mexico for that. How about donations?

Hello nhmaster,
Thanks for the reply. We have roughly budgeted around $600 for each pump. We are doing the project in stages. I have locals building the tanks for free, I just supply the cement. The pipe (2 kilometers) I can get locally, but it will have to come later. I need to know what brand of pump you recommend and where to buy online. I can get it to the border no problem and then smuggle it across. The border people always want to "tax" you at least 40 - 50% of the value of whatever you bring in. That free trade agreement thing is working so well!

thanks
Ryan Maness
http://www.downinmexico.org
gotaearth.gif

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
We have roughly budgeted around $600 for each pump. The pipe (2 kilometers) I can get locally, but it will have to come later. I need to know what brand of pump you recommend and where to buy online. I can get it to the border no problem and then smuggle it across. The border people always want to "tax" you at least 40 - 50% of the value of whatever you bring in. That free trade agreement thing is working so well!
You want two pumps, what's the second one for?

Are going to pump water 2 kilometers? I think you'll need more than two pumps and $600 for each. Or are you telling us how close the pipe supplier is? And now instead of shipping it UPS to you in Chihuahua City, you are going to travel to the border and smuggle a pump into Mexico. Maybe you could buy the pumps when you get there.

moisheh

Reaction score
We also live in Mexico. There are lots of plumbing supply houses that sell good pumps. Many are from Italy and others are often a brand called "DUB". Could be from the middle east. I have found lots of experts at these supply houses. I reallly dont think you can do this for even $6000. I also doubt that a submersible by itself would work. BTW: If you cross into the USA and can satisfy the Aduaneros that this pump (or anything else) is for personal use the duty rate is only 15% after a $300 duty free. Bribing the personell is not the suggested route.

Moisheh

mexicodiesel

Reaction score
Website
www.downinmexico.org
pump need met

Just to give everyone an update on the pump situation. I found a pump dealer and water well supplier on the border that also has a store in Chihuahua City. It is a Christian owned business that gave us a special price because we are missionaries. $724 per pump (Grundfos Mod#10S027 2 Hp 10-12 gpm) including Franklin Control boxes). They were a little higher than what we were wanting to pay, but now I don't have to worry about smuggling them into the country :D. I will also be buying 2100 mtrs of 1.5" 200 psi poly tubing from them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks