Best type of drip emitters for very hard well water?

Users who are viewing this thread

Blown

Engineer
Reaction score
I'm installing a drip system in a shrub bed against my house. I have a sprinkler zone plumbed into the bed, so all I have to do is hook up the 1/2" poly tube and start installing emitters.

The water is very hard. So much that it leaves white residue on siding, fences, etc. Looking for an emitter design that is less likely to clog in this setup.

Also, should I use a pressure regulator for this zone? The system is being fed directly from the well pump - no holding tank or anything like that.

Any other advice is more than welcome! I've never done this before.

Tim

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
Just use quality parts. Filter and regulate as required. You may find that you'd be better off with sprays than drip.

Blown

Engineer
Reaction score
Just use quality parts. Filter and regulate as required. You may find that you'd be better off with sprays than drip.
For now I've chosen adjustable emitters. We'll see how they do. I bought a screen filter that I will install before the pressure regulator. The whole thing is cheap enough that even if I have to rip it all out and put in sprays I'm only out about $75.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks