Seeking Advice on Residential Painters

Users who are viewing this thread

sajesak

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of sprucing up my home and I need some guidance regarding residential painters. I've been considering hiring professionals to give my house a fresh coat of paint, but I'm unsure where to start. What factors should I consider when selecting a residential painter? How can I ensure I'm hiring a reputable and skilled professional? Additionally, any tips on estimating costs and negotiating contracts would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has had experience with residential painters or can recommend reliable resources for finding them, I would be grateful for your insights.

Thank you in advance!

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
It doesn't take much to be a good painter but plenty to be a bad one.
First ask for a copy of the certificate of insurance. Mainly for liability. If any painter gets hurt, like falling off a ladder, you can be sued, your homeowners ins will help in it.
Second. looking for one on line be sure it's a local company or contractor. Too many are just brokers subbing out the work. On line if it doesn't list an address and only toll free #s, be wary. The person could be in NJ subbing out to a local so call painter.
Third. You can go on line and look up your local BBB office.
Forth. Do not use Angie's list. Since Angie sold her company, I read many complaints. Angie's Lists is nothing but a broker.

Price wise it's impossible since it varies all over the country. like all contractors labor has really jumped up. Here in central Florid, a two story house, exterior only can start at about $5,000 with paint. Ask the contractor what paint they use. Most will be Sherwin Williams or Benjamin Moore. Both good paints. I prefer BM and it's what's on my house. Painted 2012 and still looks good. Most homes in Florida are stucco surface.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks