Seeking Advice on Kitchen Worktops!

Users who are viewing this thread

sajesak

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm in the process of remodeling my kitchen and I'm facing a dilemma when it comes to choosing the right worktop material. There are so many options out there - granite, quartz, marble, wood, laminate, and more.

I'm leaning towards quartz for its durability and low maintenance, but I've heard mixed reviews about its heat resistance. On the other hand, marble looks stunning but requires high maintenance.

Wood seems warm and inviting, but I'm concerned about its susceptibility to scratches and stains.

Could anyone share their experiences or recommendations regarding kitchen worktop materials? Your insights would be greatly appreciated!

sajesak

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm in the process of remodeling my kitchen and I'm facing a dilemma when it comes to choosing the right worktop material. There are so many options out there - granite, quartz, marble, wood, laminate, and more.

I'm leaning towards quartz for its durability and low maintenance, but I've heard mixed reviews about its heat resistance. On the other hand, marble looks stunning but requires high maintenance.

Wood seems warm and inviting, but I'm concerned about its susceptibility to scratches and stains.

Could anyone share their experiences or recommendations regarding kitchen worktop materials from Natural Countertops? Your insights would be greatly appreciated!
thanks in advance for any help

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Granite is the most durable but kind of out of style. Quartz is the current trend. Look up the heat limit on quartz. I don't think you'll be setting anything that hot on top of it. Sure you set your oven to 400, but the pan and food is no where near that hot. 200 is probably as hot as anything sitting on the counter will get and quartz can handle that, if I remember correctly.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you like wood great but if you want it to look new all the time it wont. My brother put soapstone he actually fabbed it himself its no where near as durable as quartz or granite it gets charactor his has pretty heavy use he likes it I think it looks good you can fix scratches . me ? I have granite 22 years old looks great.