Toto Aquia vs. Aquia II vs. Aquia III

Users who are viewing this thread

nonothing

Reaction score
Greetings,

Can't really tell the differences between these models, other than rough in options, height differences, and glaze options. The company has not been much help either from the website or emails. Anything relevant to its function, and/or its price?

Also, what info would you want to give the contractor installing one of these for the first time?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Aquia 111 bowl is 1" higher then the Aquia II bowl.

My son James did a nice set of instructions for the Aquia; which after we had dinner with Toto in the Summer of 2010, they did a "copy paste" of and modified their instructions with his corrections.

Here are Jamie Love's instructions

Last edited:

crcurtis

Reaction score
Problems with distance of Flange from wall for Aquia II

My plumber just installed one of my many Toto Aquia II toilets and it is sticking out almost 3 3/4" at the tank. Obviously they installed the flange too far from the wall.

I want to pull it back in but it appears that an offset flange or whatever will not work. This is from the plumber so I am sceptical since he messed it up in the first place.

Any advice as I prefer to have the back of the Tank about 1" from the wall.

Please help as I really do like the Toto Aquia toilet...

Curtis

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the flange was exactly 12" from the finished wall, the toilet would have approximately 1/2" behind it. So it looks like it is close to 15+" from the wall. Unless you move the flange, not much you can do about it. One of the Toto's that use the UniFit adapters could move it back a couple of inches, but it would still be further from the wall than you want.

crcurtis

Reaction score
He says it is 13" since that is what he usually allows for Kohler toilets...so either something is screwy or he has not installed it correctly. I guess I need to have him pull it and measure it myself.

Does the Aquia II work with the Unifit Adapter?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If it was 13", at least based on the spec sheet (and on Toto, they're usually close), there should be about 1.5" behind it. No, the Aquia does not have various adapters...it only has one, and it is not the Unifit (which comes in 10, 12, and 14").

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks