Installation of a Navien 210A unit and Expansion tank needed?

Users who are viewing this thread

hokieamonglions

Reaction score
I am trying to get some background information on whether an expansion tank is needed when a gas tankless water heater unit is being installed.

Currently I have a 40 gallon tank gas hw heater and investigating its replacement with a Navien 210A gas unit (in a different placement in my basement). The tank unit has an expansion tank on the cold inlet (as would I expect) but what about tankless units? Do they need them, and should I have one installed with a tankless replacement.

Thanks,

-hokie

BizzyBeePlumbing

Reaction score
Yes, you will need an expansion tank if this is a closed system. tank or tankless, it does not matter when it comes to an expansion tank.

Maybe you would like to research Noritz or Rinnai, are far better units then the one you are going to choose.

flexcon-ph1.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks