Mansfield toilet!!

Users who are viewing this thread

moisheh

Reaction score
Our home in Mexico has a Mansfield toilet installed by the previous owner. I hate that sucker with a passion. It is a low profile model with a shallow very wide tank. Our water varies from bad to really bad. The bad water played havoc with the Mansfield mechanism. Mansfield uses a different system than any other mfr. No flapper valve. I always had problems with it. Parts are not to be found in Mexico even though they have every toilet part known to man. Home Depot and a huge Plumbing supply store had nothing. I did find a few parts at Lowes. I finally gave up and installed a complete Fluidmaster kit. It works but not correctly. When you flush because of the wide tank the water level does not drop quickly and thus the flapper stays open. This causes the toilet to flush and then start to fill before flushing a second time. Makes it a real water pig. Due to the height limitation I cannot adjust the Fluidmaster any more. I am at the point where I want to buy another toilet and just give up. The Mansfield looks real "pretty" but works lousy!! Any ideas other than making it into a lawn ornament?

Moisheh

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't know what the Toto availability is in Mexico, but it would certainly be a better choice than the Mansfield. It might be a wise move to get a Toto with Sanigloss to help the cleaning issue.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
hj has it.
The new Fluidmaster kit may have an adjustment that will let you dial down the flapper timing.

The flapper needs to drop quicker.
So, either find the adjustment on the flapper you have, and dial it down,
or replace with a flapper made for 1.6 gallons.

If you need a short fill valve, the Korky 528 works well.
Or you may be able to lift the collar on the Fluidmaster, and drop the valve down a bit, and then push the locking collar back.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks