Zone wiring question

Users who are viewing this thread

Giantsean

Reaction score
Hi All,

Those who have read my earlier posts know I had some issues w/ a hydro air installation. I think I have most of the biggest issues sorted out save for one, and it may take some doing to figure out the best way to get it sorted. I have cut ties w/ the installers so I need to go it on my own.

Right now I have a 2 zone 1st floor installation and a multistage air handler (TAM/AAM 7). The zone controller they set me up with is a Honeywell HZ221 which is made for a heat pump, which I do not have. It kinda works but not well. I called Honeywell to ask if there was a better choice and they pointed me to the 311 or 322 which are made for conventional setups. however I'd like to utilize all three stages of heat that the handler supports. There is a four zone three stage available but that is expensive and seems like overkill.

Is it possible to allow the air handler to control staging and just allow the existing zone panel to open/shut the zones? Or if there is a two zone / three stage heat panel available that someone can recommend, I can also do that.

I also know I need new thermostats which will support multistage heat but there seem to be many choices, so not to worried there. Thanks for any advice as always!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks