Zone Valves wired to 110V

Users who are viewing this thread

Vern Moore

Reaction score
I moved into an older home a couple years ago and have started to rewire different portions of the house. In the basement I have two junction boxes that provide power to plugs on the 1st story but also have low voltage wire connected in the wire nuts. I followed the wires back and they are connected to two zone valves on my boiler system. The remaining 4 zone valves have jumpers from valve to valve. There are only two low voltage wires connected to the boiler from the zone valves so I assume these are to call for heat. This is a newer utica boiler with honeywell v804 3f 1036 zone valves. I am not sure how to proceed with my other wiring because I cannot find anything that says these valves should be wired to 110v circuits. Any help is appreciated.

Stuff

Reaction score
The motor on that valve is 24v but the end switch might be switching 120 volts for a pump or something else. You have to trace every wire to basically re-engineer what is there.

It might be a good time to have the boiler serviced and while there query the tech on what these wires are for.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks