Zone valve control question from electrical contractor

Users who are viewing this thread

pFanta

Reaction score
hydroponics control where the two trades meet, at least on the job =)

hey, do zone valves, the actual brass valves - do those valves ever stop functioning?
do they even let water thru when they are supposed to be closed?

I have one valve in the "hand" OFF position [closed] and the pipe [97^] and the room [74^]still get to full temperature,

history
I have 3 zone taco control ZVC403
original reported trouble was that zone1 would be hot esp when zone2 called.

probably a photo album is worth a thousand words

Any experience with the Erie Valves and Actuators would be appreciated

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Any valve can fail and may leak. The more common failure of a zone valve is that the motor dies, or the end switch fails. If the motor dies, it typically won't open when heat is called for. If the end switch fails, it won't complete the circuit to make the boiler run or turn on the circulator pump. Many zone valves do have a manual on override.

pFanta

Reaction score
Any valve can fail and may leak. The more common failure of a zone valve is that the motor dies, or the end switch fails. If the motor dies, it typically won't open when heat is called for. If the end switch fails, it won't complete the circuit to make the boiler run or turn on the circulator pump. Many zone valves do have a manual on override.
we put it in manual open - pipe get hot remote from the manifold. put it in manual closed, pipe gets hot remote from the manifold. No difference - as tho the valve does nothing. Seems like these Erie zone control valves are known for not holding the water back no matter where the valve handle points. I/m going to bow out and refer it to a plumber

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks