Zone not heating, but is showing active

Users who are viewing this thread

jbusheyvt

Reaction score
I have one Zone which does not seem to want to heat up. My TACO box shows the Zone as active and the thermostat appears to be working as well.

Some things I tried:
Swapping thermostat with another verified one
- doing this had the same issue. troubled zone did not work and working zone did.

Verified TACO zones by turning each off multiple times and back on
- troubled zone does light up on the TACO box

Looked for leaks
- No leaks found

Given this I can rule out the thermostat and possibly the taco box. Below are four pictures of my setup:

1st Picture, the Thermostat Appears to be fine
IMG_1411.jpg

2nd Picture, The TACO Box
IMG_1413.jpg

3rd Picture, The troubled Zone (Center)
IMG_1414.jpg

4th Picture, All Zones
IMG_1412.jpg

One thing to note, This all seemed to happen at the same time I pulled some electrical wire through the same hole the Thermostat wire goes through, but given the TACO indicator turning on and off with the thermostat I'm chalking that up to a coincidence.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Can you feel the circulator pump turning on when the zone calls for heat? Is the pipe hot above the circulator when it is supposed to be on? All it takes is a little bit of air in the zone to prevent the circulator from pushing the water through. Have you tried purging the line for that zone?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
No one, easy answer...it depends on what you have and how it is connected. If you're lucky, there are purge valves at the radiators or at the high point in the system. Is the zone that is not heating the one highest up? If so, it is likely air. It's one of those things that you have to be there to see.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks