Zone 8 Skipped - How do I correct this?

Users who are viewing this thread

ZiggyMT

Reaction score
Last year we had a broken pipe, so our sprinkler guy changed the Rainbird ESP-me controller to skip Zone 8. We have since fixed the pipe - but I cannot figure out how to quit skipping Zone 8. I have tried resetting the control panel. I have tried setting the programming up on Schedule B instead of A, but it just keeps saying 8 - Skip. (It also won't run when I do "Test All Stations".

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
http://www.rainbird.com/products/esp-me-series-controllers/support

http://www.rainbird.com/sites/defau...nts/2018-02/man_ESP-Me-WiFi-Compatible_en.pdf

Move the dial to set start times, advance to zone 8 (or station 8), set a time. But you probably did this since you reset the controller and would have had to reprogram everything. Check to see if there is a wire on zone 8. Some controllers check for conductivity on each station port and if it detected an open it will deactivate or skip that port. It is to protect a well pump from running in a well/pump system.

Is there a six station module in the second slot or a three station module?

From Page 5 of the owners manual.

Module Configuration
Example of installation with station numbering gaps:

A total of 19 stations are installed.

The Base Module is installed in Bay 1 and uses Stations 1 through 4.

A 6-Station Expansion Module is installed in Bays 2 and 3 using Stations 5 through 16.

A 3-Station module is installed in Bay 4 and uses stations numbered 17 through 19.
Because a 3-Station module is installed in Bay 4, only the first three station numbers assigned to that bay will be used and the unused numbers will be “reserved” for future use.
b b
NOTE: During programming, the controller will skip any unused station numbers, creating a gap in station numbering.
As an example: a 3-Station module was installed in Bay 4, so stations 20-22 will be unavailable for programming. During programming the missing stations will show on the display as 20SKIP, 21SKIP, etc.
The screen displays “20SKIP” with the “20” flashing to indicate that Station 20 (and also 21-22) are unused and unavailable for programming.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks