Zoeller Aquanot vs. Basement Sentry?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bubb1957

Reaction score
back ups

Its a shame that Zoeller or someone cant come up with a decent switch that would last as long as the pumps. As I stated earlier, I like the features and reliability of the Pro Series 220, and my brother has the Aquanot II and it has never failed on him. Either is a good quality unit and would seem to be a good choice. As with gas powered generators, battery back up sumps, etc, if you fail to do required maintenace, you will get burned when they dont start when you need them most. Luckily for master plumber mark , "stupid" homeowners will provide job security for plumbers for years to come.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I get about 4 years out of the deep cycle batteries on my boat before the performance starts dropping off. One thing about deep cycle batteries is there is a number of full cycles charged to full discharged that can be run before the battery is toast.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I use a Red Top in my car and a Blue Top in my basement.

Excellent batteries. And I bet you'd get more than 4 years out of a Blue Top in your boat (sorry, Gin Palace).

http://www.optimabatteries.com/home.php

Redwood's boat and his poor little deep cycle battery:

boatinside_wideweb__470x301,0.jpg

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Oh.

That's a really big motor.

One might say "that's a nice boat you managed to find for your engine".

Always reassuring to see a vessel named the "gambler". I bet the list of safety features is endless.

Glad to see the co-pilot has noticed the impending collision as well.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks