Zoeller Aquanot II Vs. Zoeller Homeguard

Users who are viewing this thread

Cybermonkey

Reaction score
I am looking into a backup for my primary sump pump. I am on the fence on either purchasing the aquanot II Battery backup system or the Homeguard venturi system. I live on a high water table. My sump pump runs every few minutes during flood season. November through April here in Washington.

My thoughts are during a prolonged power outage (12-24 hrs) the battery system will only last three to four hours. Kind of like my trolling motor on my boat. Where the venturi system keeps on going. But, will the venturi system be able to keep up.....

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Well I'm not a fan of using water to pump water
I believe its using 2 gallons to pump one.
Makes a lot more water to get rid of...
Why not go with a battery back up and then a generator for extended outages... Its got side benefits too like cold beer and heat.

The water powered back ups also require the use of a backflow preventer... Not a cheap item...

One all important question...
Where do you get your water? Municipal supply or, a well?

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Zoeller Aquanot II is the best

do the Zoeller Aquanot II with the non
maintaince jel battery and you are good for about
4 years........

I wont trust any venturi fitting sitting down
in the water just limeing up waiting to fail

if you install the Zoeller on a separate pvc line going out the side
of the house you have covered just about every angle.......

read my info ,,,,,
http://www.weilhammerplumbing.com/sumppumps/

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Go with the batteries but just link more together or get a bigger battery.

Alternatively, do what I would do if my battery ever got too low (which it has not). If it ever got too low, I'd swop the battery around with the one in the car. I would even consider charging the duff one with the car.

Conveniently, my marine battery (Optima Blue) that drives my battery backup sump pump is the same size as the one in my car (Optima Red).

Which brings me on to my question of the day?

Guess what happens if I ever find my car battery flat?

You've guessed it...I raid the back-up sump pump!

Last edited:

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
I've gotten requests for the water powered Zoeller, I shoot them down and convince customers to go with the 507 or 510.

The home guard unit absolutely MUST have backflow prevention, this entails a substantial increase in price to have your plumber install if the water lines aren't nearby.

The battery will allow the pump to run at almost 1300 GPH @ 10' head for almost 2-1/2 hours continuously.

The pump wouldn't likely run constantly, the 2-1/2 hour time would be broken up into cycles.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks