Users who are viewing this thread

Taylor Love

Taylor Love
Staff member
Administrator + Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
I went back and tried again and just got a black screen. The weird thing is if I leave that thread and return to it, it works.
It works on the first attempt for me. I have to click the image first and then after that the YouTube video will be there. It currently tries to show a thumbnail given from YouTube in place of the video player at first glance. Perhaps an image of the YouTube player should be used as well to make it more intuitive that you're supposed to click on the image to make it do something.

(The reason for using an image at all instead of the direct embed is that it literally saves two and a half seconds of load time and two and a half megabytes of scripts every time a YouTube video is linked to)

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks