York Central AC condensate Leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Coastal2022

Reaction score
Good morning, my York central AC unit is leaking at the condensate pan. I have tested the operation of the condensate pump on the floor and its working, so I suspect that either the 1) PVC drain line is clogged or 2) There is an issue with the condensate pan under the A coil, potentially blocking water flow down the condensate line. Or both.

2 questions:
1. How do I access the condensate pan - do I remove the hex sheet metal screws on the face of the panel and then it pops off?
2. The installer of the condensate line did not leave me a clean out anywhere in the 3/4 PVC that runs to the condensate pump. Should I re-do the PVC add a clean out?

Thanks! Ted
IMG_6697.jpg
IMG_6699.jpg
IMG_6703.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6698.jpg
    IMG_6698.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 125

Fitter30

Reaction score
Have to cut both furnace pipes and condensate. Refrigerate lines look like they have some play to slide the coil out maybe with a line hanger removed? If not system has to either be pumped down or reclaimed, lines cut, coil pulled and cleaned, resilfos, evacuated and charge. Remake condensate out of coil and furnace pipes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks