Yet Another Urine Smell

Users who are viewing this thread

ewoods

Reaction score
So I've read through several other threads here that talk about a urine smell and none of them really describe what I'm experiencing. The smell is coming from inside the toilet bowl. As in, you can't smell it at all until you lift the lid, and when you shut the lid again, the smell goes away. It's always there, even if it hasn't been flushed and it's just clean water sitting in the bowl. The toilet is firmly in place and sealed properly. There's no odor around the base of the toilet or the tank or anything. It's only coming from within the bowl and it's all the time. Any idea what this could be?

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Welcome to Terry's forum.

What kind of toilet is it ?

Did a long shooter pee on the lid ?

I pee outside when I can. Smells like Honeysuckle this time of year.

Good Luck on your project.

Wallijonn

Reaction score
Sounds like you need a new toilet...

It could be that at one time the toilet wasn't flushed often enough and urine minerals deposited on it. Or. somehow sewer gas is coming back into the toilet. (That happened just once to me. I hadn't used the toilet in 24 hours and it smelled as if I had just used the toilet.) I'd probably start with a new wax seal. Or run some de-meralizer down the tank drain hole. Start by running one of those scrub pads under the rim and then see if mineral depoits have come off onto it, and then smell it. If the urine smell is on the pad then chances are that the mineralized holes have absorbed the urine smell from infrequent flushing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks