Yet another basement rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

JackJ

Reaction score
Picture shows my proposed fittings and setup. I think I've researched everything and read hundreds of pages about this but I'm wondering if anyone can spot any issues? Your opinion is greatly appreciated. I'm getting ready to submit this plan to the building inspector and wanted a final once over by you.

Couple things worth noting about this:
  • The yellow crowbar is where everything flows to I'll join that up with a Fernco fitting to CI main.
  • Spaces between each piece of the system will have pipe I only did this for visual sake so please just imagine they are connected with PVC.
  • WC, Vanity, Shower are the three fixtures.
  • WC is a Sioux Chief 45 and then a street 45.
  • Distances don't exceed the limits of the IPC for wet venting.
  • Starting at the crowbar its 3" then goes to 2" for most everything
  • Except the vanity is a sani T which is a 2x2x1.5. [disregard that it is upside down I only did that so it would stay on the tube holding it up for visual sake it will go the right way]
  • 45's are a combination of street (F-M) and regular (F-F)
  • FullSizeRender.jpg

rosem637

Reaction score
Wouldnt it be better to move that 3x2 Wye a few inches down and flip it on the other side and drain the sink into it as shown by the red line? And do similar with the shower drain instead of like cacher said all those bends??

FullSizeRender.jpg

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Move the 3" wye further away from the closet bend and butt your 2" wye onto the 2" port of the main line wye. The shower drain could be straight, and the lav drain would only need a single quarter bend.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
suddenly, everyone wants to be a journeyman plumber. Put a 3x2 combo in the main line facing DIRECTLY towards the shower trap. Put a 2x2 combo into it, then run the side branch of the combo to a point where a 45 will line up with the lav.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks