Yellow water after softener and filter regeneration

Users who are viewing this thread

Maggie14

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I really need an advice. My problem started right after we moved into new house,and purchase new whole house water filtration system . We have hudrogen peroxide injection system with cstbon filter and the water softener. After regeneration of each if them we have yellow hard water cone g from the faucets and sitting in toilet which is fine after few flushes or after running water from the faucets for s few minutes. Any idea how to prevent this to happens? We for the guy from water treatment company but not successfully ,he changed setting but problem continuous.

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not a pro. I don't have experience with such systems.

How does your peroxide injection work? Is there a peristaltic pump that runs when the pump turns on, or is there a pump that runs whenever water is being used? Or is there a micronizer that draws peroxide solution without a powered pump. Maybe your reference to "setting" is for the micronizer. I see you don't have a contact tank between the peroxide injector and the carbon tank.

I am wondering if maybe the backwashes should be longer. Or maybe the problem water comes in while the systems are backwashing, and you are using water while the system is bypassed. A humidifier might be drawing water during backwash. As a test, it seems to me that you could turn off your humidifier, and regenerate each part during the day when you know no water is being drawn.

What time does the carbon filter regenerate, and what time does the softener regenerate normally?

Maggie14

Reaction score
I am not a pro. I don't have experience with such systems.

How does your peroxide injection work? Is there a peristaltic pump that runs when the pump turns on, or is there a pump that runs whenever water is being used? Or is there a micronizer that draws peroxide solution without a powered pump. Maybe your reference to "setting" is for the micronizer. I see you don't have a contact tank between the peroxide injector and the carbon tank.

I am wondering if maybe the backwashes should be longer. Or maybe the problem water comes in while the systems are backwashing, and you are using water while the system is bypassed. A humidifier might be drawing water during backwash. As a test, it seems to me that you could turn off your humidifier, and regenerate each part during the day when you know no water is being drawn.

What time does the carbon filter regenerate, and what time does the softener regenerate normally?

Maggie14

Reaction score
Reach4 thank you for your answer.
So we have flow switch and pomp for the peroxide injecrions.pomp is setted up for dosage and when the water is taken peroxide goes to the water . We have contact thank before filter and softener. For softener we have 14 min bacwash,90 min dn brain,4 min rinse,22.5 lb salt.54k grain capacity.
For filter 20 min backwash,4 min rinse,60 min downbrain.
Filter every 5 days.softener every 7 days or over 1200 gal. The system has 5 months and this problems we have from the installation day.
We don't use water during regeneration ,they both regenerate at night. Filter at 1 am and softener at 3 am. Toilet is not leaking , any plumbing fixture or appliances is not taking water during regeneration .last time I even turned humidityfire for night as you sugesting but it didn't help and in the morning water was yellow as always after regeneration and then after about running5-15 talons clears .

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
So we have flow switch and pomp for the peroxide injecrions.pomp is setted up for dosage and when the water is taken peroxide goes to the water .
Is that flow switch before or after your pressure tank?
So we have flow switch and pomp for the peroxide injecrions.pomp is setted up for dosage and when the water is taken peroxide goes to the water . We have contact thank before filter and softener. For softener we have 14 min bacwash,90 min dn brain,4 min rinse,22.5 lb salt.54k grain capacity.
Is that softener tank a 12" x 52" tank (which would normally have 2 cubic ft of resin)?
14 minutes is longer than usual for a softener backwash. Maybe your installer was trying the longer backwash to solve the problem.

For filter 20 min backwash,4 min rinse,60 min downbrain.
That is also a longer backwash. I am not sure what the 60 minutes is.

I suggest you post photos of the controllers and maybe the whole system.

Maggie14

Reaction score
Is that flow switch before or after your pressure tank?

Is that softener tank a 12" x 52" tank (which would normally have 2 cubic ft of resin)?
14 minutes is longer than usual for a softener backwash. Maybe your installer was trying the longer backwash to solve the problem.

That is also a longer backwash. I am not sure what the 60 minutes is.

I suggest you post photos of the controllers and

Maggie14

Reaction score
Switch goes after pressure tank and before filter and softener.
I am adding pictures

Attachments

• IMG-20171221-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20171221-WA0006.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG-20171221-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20171221-WA0005.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG-20171221-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20171221-WA0004.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG-20171221-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20171221-WA0003.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 309
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks