Yard Hydrant help

Users who are viewing this thread

HBM

Reaction score
I am planning on installing a yard hydrant that will be tied into a new irrigation system on a separate water meter. The system will use 1 inch poly with a 200 psi rating. My concern is that most yard hydrants don't recommend a high psi and the psi from the street is 150 psi. Are there any yard hydrants that can handle this pressure or is a prv required?

I'm not too worried about freeze issues since the lines will be cleared prior to winter each year.

Thank you in advance

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Most plumbing fixtures can only take what the code has as a high limit for pressure. 80 psi should be the max. Of course they can take higher pressures for some period of time, but 80 would be the max for normal use and wear and tear.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
My street has 1" poly lines with a pressure over 90 PSI
I'm watching everyone replace their main line one by one. Mine too.
80 should be the max.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks