Wye Orientation into Main Stack Okay?

Users who are viewing this thread

drxlcarfreak

Reaction score
First post, great site by the way. I have been able to do the vast majority of my plumbing projects on my new house by searching through old posts on here! This one question I haven't been able to find anywhere though.

I am trying to tie in a sewage ejector pump I just installed into my main stack before it leaves the house. When the plumber roughed everything in for me, he had left me a 2" connection point on the left side of the main stack that I could cut the cap off of and tie it into, but since then my ejector pump location changed due to me finding a subslab drain pipe in the way of the pit. I can still get the piping to it, but it would add about 4 elbows and about an extra 5' of pipe before it hits the stack, which doesn't seem like something I want to do with pressurized waste. It is a straight shot that I can tuck in between the joists if I run it on the right side of the stack and tie it in vertically.

The only problem is where it would drop down vertically is at a 45 degree portion of the stack that is picking up two kitchen sinks and would have the wye in an orientation that I can't seem to find someone else using without reworking the branch. The straight portion would be at a 45 degree slope and the wye would branch off vertically. The branch that I would cut the wye into is 3" so it would be a 3x3x2 wye if that matters.

I made a quick elevation drawing of the portion of the stack that I am talking about. Hopefully it helps clear up any confusion. It is basically a 4" main, a 4x3x3 wye for this branch running at 45 degrees until it gets above door header height and 45s and reduces to a 2" pipe to pick up the two sinks.

I don't think it relates at all, but since the plumber I had removed a cleanout to tie in a new 3" line on the other side, I planned to replace the 45 with a wye and put a cleanout on the 45 portion so I have a cleanout again that I hopefully never actually need to use.

20210608_105049.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I can't really see the picture. But I see a small branch with multiple branches . The sewage ejector wants to be the last connection downstream of every other on the stack. Like by itself and definately not connected to a 2" line... I have a client whose pump was connected to the drain just down from their tub and got sewage in their tub all the time.. for years. Sooo gross.
Ejector connection.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks