Wye or Sanitary Tee

Users who are viewing this thread

Clutchcargo

Reaction score
My toilet flange is 10' from the stack; it's a straight run. I plan wet-venting this from the tub (2" drain) at the 6' mark from the toilet. Since it will have a vent, does it make any difference if I use a San Tee or Wye at the stack?
The San Tee would give me slightly more venting but the Wye give me more latitude to position the toilet drain height exactly where I need it.
The toilet drain is 3" and the stack is 4". The local code is based on UPC with some lenience.
TIA

Reach4

Reaction score
The San Tee would give me slightly more venting but the Wye give me more latitude to position the toilet drain height exactly where I need it.
All things considered, wye is better.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
My toilet flange is 10' from the stack; it's a straight run. I plan wet-venting this from the tub (2" drain) at the 6' mark from the toilet. Since it will have a vent, does it make any difference if I use a San Tee or Wye at the stack?
You can use either.

And if the horizontal drain coming in were a WC fixture drain, less than 6' from the stack, and you were relying on the stack for venting, you could still use either. A WC is exempt from the trap weir rule because it has an integral trap that is intentionally siphoned and refilled. It's only external traps like for most anything else that would require a san-tee for venting, to avoid trap siphoning.

Cheers, Wayne

Clutchcargo

Reaction score
Thanks all for the confirmation; that was my suspicion.
Kewl, moving forward with my bath remodel project.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Doesn't Mass law prevent anyone but a licensed plumber from performing work on a plumbing system? I've seen it come up in the forums before.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks