wye bend and what for

Users who are viewing this thread

wyeme

Reaction score
Greetings and, by the way, thanks for this forum!

I am near completion of building my own home (everything done by me except placing concrete for slab) and am beginning my rough plumbing. I have done remodel plumbing before, which was rather simple since everything tied into an existing design. Here is what I am facing:

My home is post and beam style with no wall cavities other than a wet wall and some carefully (I thought) designed in-slab laterals to handle the DWV. I have just completed the rough attaching to a 2" stub from the concrete that receives kitchen sink drain on one side of wall and a lavatory from the other side. (the stub is in the middle of wall) Here's the problem:

The concrete crew somehow moved the entire lateral grid of pipe, remesh and rebar so that this stub (some other problems resulted as well) comes out of floor at a slight angle that causes my connections to it to be "tight" since it is against one of the posts. To connect the lavatory I had to use two 11/2 elbows to get around the post and get the pipe into the bath. I recently read something on this forum that makes me think that is not acceptable. (The 90s are on their sides with a slight downhill pitch for flow.) Can anyone comment on this or direct me to an online reference showing fittings and their proper/acceptable use?

Thank You!

Steelbuster

Reaction score
This is from a DIY selfer. MN code only allows the use of 90 degree ells and sanitary tees when going from horizontal to vertical. You can use a 60,45, or 22 degree bend but I believe there is a limit to how many on any single run. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks