WOW, what a movie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com

Gene Hackman and Ray Romano find themselves in a hilariously heated race for mayor of Mooseport, Maine. A local plumber (Romano) is plunged into the national spotlight when he takes on the former President of the United States

Jakki

Reaction score
Did a Zoolander and Zoolander 2 double bill. Really interesting re-watching Zoolander, now that it's an "old" film - feels pretty bizarre/trippy in a contemporary context, which I liked. Sequel does a good job of capturing the same vibe too but with modern subtext, which is cool.

I think Zoolander is still a great watch. We watched it a few months back and still found it very funny.
Hasn't aged yet anyway.

:D

Doug Hjellen

Reaction score
The movie "Don't Look Up" was very entertaining.

Starring:Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Meryl Streep

Two astronomers go on a media tour to warn humankind of a planet-killing comet hurtling toward Earth. The response from a distracted world: Meh.

It's on Netflix now. It's a 2021 movie and it sure fits with what we're dealing with in the last time period of our lives. I laughed quite a bit and and enjoyed the dialogue.

dont-look-up.jpg

Jakki

Reaction score
The movie "Don't Look Up" was very entertaining.

Starring:Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Meryl Streep

Two astronomers go on a media tour to warn humankind of a planet-killing comet hurtling toward Earth. The response from a distracted world: Meh.

It's on Netflix now. It's a 2021 movie and it sure fits with what we're dealing with in the last time period of our lives. I laughed quite a bit and and enjoyed the dialogue.

dont-look-up.jpg

...good film, but maybe about 30 minutes too long?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com

As the world approaches Y2K, a quirky 12-year-old sets out on a journey to find songs on a mixtape crafted by her late parents. Along the way, she builds new friendships, opens up to her grandmother, and finds her own identity.

The setting is Spokane, WA
And of course filmed in Canada, Burnaby, BC
It also is set in 1999, which was a perfect reminder for me that my brother Randy had moved to Spokane over worries that the year 2000 would be the ending of the world as we know it. He got some acreage and raised some cattle, chickens and hogs. His wife thought I should do the same, but I told her I liked to pick up my meat in a wrapper from the grocery store. When I mentioned to his grown up kids recently why their parents had moved them across the state, they though I was joking. Nope. Year 2000

Mixtape is about finding a cassette tape with songs recorded onto it. We used to do that, though sometimes I do that with burned CD's as a type of mixtape. Especially good for parties with dancing. A sweet film to watch about young kids growing up and learning about the world.

mixtape-movie-pic.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks