Working with propane and natural gas questions

Users who are viewing this thread

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
There's rumblings from the Liberal Governor that N.H. Is thinking about changing the motto because it's not politically correct. Ugggggggggggg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
gas

What about the complex in London. There was a gas leak in one of the lower units and when it exploded the entire column of units above it came down. (about 11 stories if I remember correctly) Gas is an equal opportunity disaster. It does know it is supposed to stay in the apartment or house when it explodes and often takes other places with it. We were working in a motel one time. It had individual Coleman propane space heaters in each unit. After we finished we started relighting the pilots. One of the plumbers started to go into one of the units and I stopped him. He asked why I did it, and I said, "This is why." I lit a match and threw it into the room and a flames briefly flowed across the floor. The heater had a defective safety valve and was allowing gas to flow into the room.

Bill Arden

Computer Programmer
Reaction score
Website
www.billarden.com
I like R290 or Propane. *grins*
http://www.longrange.net/BattleBots/FlameStick2.jpg
The above was during testing of the propane flame effect that eventually became the "flame pit" for a show.

back on topic.

There is a saying "you can't inspect for quality"

The rules and such are good to have, but some common sense needs to prevail.

Around here there are a few company's that will still fill large propane tanks that they don't own, but most want to own the tank and inspect everything.

It's the certification that bothers me sometimes. The whole "you have to have a current license to do x" and "in order to keep a license you have to do y"

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I like R290 or Propane. *grins*
http://www.longrange.net/BattleBots/FlameStick2.jpg
The above was during testing of the propane flame effect that eventually became the "flame pit" for a show.

back on topic.

There is a saying "you can't inspect for quality"

The rules and such are good to have, but some common sense needs to prevail.

Around here there are a few company's that will still fill large propane tanks that they don't own, but most want to own the tank and inspect everything.

It's the certification that bothers me sometimes. The whole "you have to have a current license to do x" and "in order to keep a license you have to do y"

Yep... But hopefully it keeps us all honest. I don't hear a lot of "can't see if from my house" around too much anymore.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks