Woodford hot & cold water frost free faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Geo422

Reaction score
Hi I have an Woodford hot cold water bib in my garage. Couple of weeks it got to leaking around the hot water stem . They are the 8 inch size so I replace the both of the stems with new ones that had new seals and everything on them . After taking the old stems out and putting new ones in they seemed good. But now when the water is turn on cold or hot it leaks or rather shoots out from the hot side cold stem does not leak at all . Thanks George

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Geo422

Reaction score
It shoots out where the hot water stem is around that handle . If I turn on only the cold water it shoots out around the hot handle . Is there a better setup then this one? My garage is heated I keep it in the 40 in winter time . Thank you

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
A service sink faucet might work for you if freezing is not an issue. You can attach a hose to a service sink and it has a mixing faucet for hot and cold water... Many of the woodford outdoor hose bibbs are designed to be frost proof. When you shut the water off they drain out around the stem. There is a packing washer that seals this drain off when the valve is opened. Yours may be bad as HJ points out, on the hot side.

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/t-s...ogleShopping&gclid=CLXOw-y3s68CFcyP7QodszY1kg

Geo422

Reaction score
Thanks just curious about one thing when both hot and cold handles are turned off there is no leaking at all but just as soon as the handle is turn on it leaks . Why? George

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Which Woodford faucet do you have?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The manufactuer has tech support people that know their products...have you called them? They'd probably know exactly what's the issue rather than someone who may never have seen that model before.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Check the packing

The model 22 should not leak or drain out around the stem. I would take it back apart and make sure the packing is facing the proper way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks