Wolmanized (pressure-treated) Plywood inside residential areas?

Users who are viewing this thread

renegade_00

Reaction score
My employer has a lot of scrap greenboard, wolmanized plywood, pressure-treated plywood, whatever you want to call it. I am retrofitting a vent fan into my bathroom and make some kind of bracing between the ceiling boards and would like to take advantage of this free wood. Also I would like to use some of it to make a path to stand on also.

Are there any regulations regarding the use of this wood inside a home? I don't know if it's more flammable or something and can't really find any info. Plus it's got to be inspected and I want it to be right.

Thanks,
Justin

Agu

Reaction score
:\"Is Wolmanized Outdoor wood safe?
A comprehensive study of occupational, residential, and playground uses of wood pressure-treated with copper azole preservative has concluded, "no adverse health effects are expected." Believed to be the first independent human health risk assessment of the new generation of treated wood products, the study was commissioned by Bayer Chemicals Corporation (now Lanxess Corporation) and conducted by Gradient Corporation, a noted environmental and toxicological consulting firm. Lanxess manufactures Preventol® A8, which is an azole fungicide used in the copper azole preservative.

A number of different exposures (e.g., inhalation, incidental ingestion, exposure to the skin) were assessed and aggregated in each of these scenarios. The highest potential risk was estimated to be 17 times lower than the level that the EPA uses as a safety benchmark, thus demonstrating the safety of copper azole-treated wood"

But it is designated for outdoor use and if it's in a fire the fumes are toxic ............

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks