Wobbly unlevel tank on Kohler Highline K-3427

Users who are viewing this thread

MFfan310

Reaction score
I have a toilet problem... I discovered today that the K-4620 tank of my Kohler Highline K-3427 toilet (with "Ingenium" flushing system), installed in 2005, is rapidly becoming very unlevel and loose. There is about a 1/3-inch gap on the right side of the tank-to-bowl connection (much smaller on the left), and the tank wobbles far more than the 1992-era Mansfield 3.5 gpf toilets in the same house. There is no leakage in the Kohler that I can see; however, I have not run a leak test.

Also, this might be the reason why the flapper of the Kohler in question gets stuck every 2-3 weeks and I have to reset the flapper.

This brings me to my final point: Can you tighten a tank after installation of the toilet, or are you simply out of luck?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can always tighten a tank up.

It has no effect on the flapper though.

That could be a stiff trip lever, or pehaps a chain adjustment.
2005 is getting up there for a flapper though, you may want to change that.

kohler-highline-01.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks