Uponor hePEX in slab repair - PROPEX or QS20 Compression?

Users who are viewing this thread

Stevecater

Reaction score
Hi

Even though I borrowed a FLIR infrared camera to check heat run location I apparently missed one return leg and naturally, drilled for a tapcon right dead center of the tubing:eek:.

The tubing is 1/2" Uponor hePEX which can be used with propex expander system or QS20 compression.

Since the propex repair fitting is all plastic versus the brass QS my thinking is it would be better in concrete since it is impervious to corrosion where the QS must be protected to prevent corrosion.
Also, the compression is likely going to be more finicky to install given I really have very little wiggle room with the tube held firmly by the concrete floor.
Also with the QS20 if you don't get the tube seated fully up the fitting it will not seal properly and may be hard to get just right with the restricted space.

So the question, for a repair in slab is it ok to use the propex or is there some reason the compression is best?

TIA
Steve

Stevecater

Reaction score
Go with the plastic couplings.

To be clear you're recommending: Q4775050 ProPEX EP Coupling
q4775050-1.jpg

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks