wirsbo expander fittings or shark bite

Users who are viewing this thread

RemodelBob

Reaction score
I am installing PEX (wirsbo) pipe and am undecided on what fittings to use. I have a plumber that said he would come do all my connections using the wirsbo expander tool or I can use shark bite fittings. i think it would probably cost less with shark bite, but they seem to get mixed reviews.

what would you guys do?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Use the Wirsbo fittings...if you are going to do this yourself, see if you can rent the tool. Or, buy one then sell it. Otherwise, let the plumber do it all. Less chance of a problem. The sharkbites are a good product from what I've seen, but make sure to buy the end clean up tool. This puts a microbevel on the end and makes it easier to insert into the fitting without tearing up the O-ring.

dmaceld

Reaction score
What about Quick Clamp?

I think the tool and clamps come from Watts, but they are branded by Zurn and whoever else. Look to me like a pretty good way. Advantages of crimp with an easy to install format using stainless steel clamps. One tool does 3/8" to 1" pipe. Tool is about $80 for no name on internet, $95 locally unbranded from Taiwan, and $150 w/ Zurn name from a local supply house.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks