Wiring question for new tub

Users who are viewing this thread

boober

Reaction score
I'm gutting the master bath and replacing the old jet tub with heater, to a tub with a heating element/pad attached to the outside of the tub. It is only 65 watts.

I'm trying to determine if i can use the circuit for other electrical components.

Currently, the tub dedicated line is wired for the exhaust fan heater, and the light over the tub. In addition, the tub outlet does not have a dedicated switch. The person who ran it, ran the jets to the main bathroom power and switched that, but the heater ( on the dedicated line) has no switch. I'm guessing the tub itself switched the heat off when the jets weren't running. To add insult to injury the gfci for the tub, heater and fan light were pig tailed from the line side....

Any insight would be appreciated.

ImOld

Octogenerian
Reaction score
Get a real electrician in there. Too many code violations and additional wiring needs to be done. A bathroom is no place to be screwing around with electricity.

boober

Reaction score
I created a couple of pics that explain the original and proposed wiring.... hiring an electrician is unnecessary. I know code for a jaccuzi hot tub is separate isolated gfci circuits for both jets and heater. I just wasn't sure about the heating pad that is going to be installed.... 0001.jpg 0002.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks