Wiring Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Greg H

Reaction score
I have one valve that's not working. The positive wire is hot with 27 volts, but when connect the lead to the valve, the voltage goes to nothing. I borrowed the positive wire from an adjacent valve and it worked. I know it's not the timer (I swapped zone 6 & 7 to check it), I know it's not the brand new valve, and I know it's not the common wire. It has to be the positive wire, but I can't figure out why I get 27 volts until there's a load on it.

Reach4

Reaction score
A high resistance with no current through it will not show a voltage drop. So there could be a bad connection, but maybe there is some moisture. The moisture could carry the voltage, but the voltage would drop when you draw current.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks