Wiring for Weil Mclain CGA 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Cpeters

In the Trades
Reaction score
I took out my old Burnham hot water boiler and replacing with the weil mclain. I two circulating pumps and
relays hooked up to my thermostats. And only one bx wire going to the old burner. I'm going to use the old
circulators relays and need to know what to do to wire the new boiler. The relays will tell the pumps when to kick on via thermostats. What happens to the thermostat wire on the new boiler and what happens to the 120
wires that used to go to the old burner. (the old burner was converted from oil to gas). Thanks.

Cpeters

In the Trades
Reaction score
OK, I have 2 Honeywell relays (R845A) that are controlled by the thermostats. The controller is a UT 1135 605. Power goes to the boiler continuously
because the wire was originally for a tankless heater. So no more tankless heater. No circulating pump wiring needed at boiler and thermostat wiring isn't necessary because the thermostats run circulating pumps(2) via the relay. So I need to tell the boiler to fire up. Wiring the themostat wires together would make it run all the time. Suggestions?

Cpeters

In the Trades
Reaction score
OK, I have 2 Honeywell relays (R845A) that are controlled by the thermostats. The controller is a UT 1135 605. Power goes to the boiler continuously
because the wire was originally for a tankless heater. So no more tankless heater. No circulating pump wiring needed at boiler and thermostat wiring isn't necessary because the thermostats run circulating pumps(2) via the relay. So I need to tell the boiler to fire up. Wiring the themostat wires together would make it run all the time. Suggestions?
Got it. I'll wire each thermostat to a controller and then one line back to the boiler. So 2 wires from relays to a controller and 1 wire from controller to boiler.

Cpeters

In the Trades
Reaction score
Got it. I'll wire each thermostat to a controller and then one line back to the boiler. So 2 wires from relays to a controller and 1 wire from controller to boiler.
Okay got rid of the r845a relays and replaced with a taco sr502-4. Works like a champ.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks