Wiring for Front / Rear Valves...

Users who are viewing this thread

roadguy_74

Reaction score
Hi All,

I did a little project to replace all my valves for the front yard over the weekend - they were 12 years or so old so I just repalced them all - I "thought" i had kept good notes on how the system was wired but apparently not!

The previous set up and what I tried to maintian was where V5 below actually serves as the water feed to the 4 valves / zones located in my back yard. (3 for grass, one is for perimeter drip style irrigation)

I have it set up as below and these 4 work (v1-v4) but the rear ones do not work or wont work through the controller.

I do believe there was another wire coming off V5 prior to me dissasembling it but I cant recall which one -

Its worth noting the other wires to the back of the house go near this area in my diagram but do not splice into the wire setup for the "front valve box) if that makes sense - it appears they communicate back through the controller? ( Orbital wifi type controller- POS)

Any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated!

roadguy-01.jpg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
V5 is the problem. It seems it is set up as a master valve and it is really not needed. At the valve turn the solenoid about 1/4 turn counter clockwise and water should flow when anyone of the four valves downstream is opened from the controller. The old valve may have been set up with the solenoid turned. You actually have eight zones. If turning the solenoid does the trick, you can remove the valve entirely. Maybe at one time the rear yard was one zone controlled by V5 and the other four valve were added later.

You might be a little off on your assumptions. With all zones off, turn the solenoid for the master valve 1/4 turn to open the valve and the same for V5. You might find that V5 is for a set of sprinklers that might start popping up and the other four zones are controlled separately. When a batch of valves do not operate, it is usually the common wire is opened. More likely at V5 to the four other zones or its opened at V4.

worthflorida-15.jpg

roadguy_74

Reaction score
thanks, you know I stared at this for a day and didnt really think that I could just take the Valve 5 out and not use it - I will give that a go and see if that does the trick!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks