Users who are viewing this thread

Killacam311

Reaction score
Okay, first off I should have taken a
20180213_193447.jpg
picture of the old fan setup, but I'm an idiot and I didn't .

I'm trying to wire a new bathroom fan. The bathroom has two switches, one goes to the vanity light and bathroom fan light. The other runs the bathroom fan. The bathroom fan will NOT work unless the lights are on. So obviously the fan switch must only piggyback off the main switch.

I've posted a picture. I can only get the new bath fan light OR fan to work, but not both at once. Can any pros out there help me out with some knowledge? In this picture, the light worked but not the fan. I think all black wires might have been connected together in the old fan...

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Until you are sure what each of the two cables are for we cannot help much. With the old fan set up would the fan work with the lights off including the vanity?

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
1. We do not know which wire, if any, is the main feed
2. We do not know what the wires DO
3. That cannot be the switch box because it is in the ceiling so we do not know how you are wiring the switches
4. Therefore, we do not know ANYTHING about your system so cannot even guess what the problem is

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks