Wire Conundrum

Users who are viewing this thread

Poncho

dumb...but...try'n!
Reaction score
While replacing an Ice Dispenser Switch in a LG Fridge I managed to pull the Hot Wire from the Connector Terminal. When I tried to strip it discovered it is a Fiber Like conductor . I Soldered it onto the Terminal and now can't get an Ohm reading. And, of course, Dispenser still does not work either. Looked all over but unable to identify just what type Conductor this is. When I look up Carbon Fiber I get Fiber Optic. I may have to buy the Wiring Harness, if I can find one, germane to that particular circuit. I would appreciate any info an help.
Thanks for reading. Mike

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I would suspect it is simply very fine wire, 30ga or maybe smaller. If it took solder, the wire may be broken back further in the insulation.

Poncho

dumb...but...try'n!
Reaction score
Well, I just went ahead an put a jumper in and Ice Dispenser is work'n OK now. I have no idea how the original wire separated(?)
Thanks for the replies anyway.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks