Winterization outside drain is not working

Users who are viewing this thread

Rosa

Reaction score
I just made the winterization to my sprinkler system today, the company leave me an invoice with a note:

"outside drain is not working, can't get it off",

I would appreciate if someone can explain me that. Is something wrong with the backflow preventer outside?

I just called the company and they told me to call a plumber.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
??? same here. Ask for a picture before paying the bill and ask if the was system drained and winterized anyway? If a plumber is needed it would be at the connection from your domestic water and the irrigation system, such as a backflow preventer, but the wording doesn't make sense.

It maybe referring to a drain valve or cannot remove and encap to drain the system. That would be somewhere at the far end of the system and maybe the lowest point of the property so the system can drain by gravity in addition of air pressure inserted at the front end of the system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks