Window AC into through wall ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mar3232

Reaction score
Don't you think that if I left plenty of clearance on the sides of a window unit, I could use it as a through wall AC?

I have a metalworking shop, so I could easily build a sleeve that would make a tight fit on the height but on the width was thinking maybe 6" (or more?) space for the side vents. It's for a small bedroom (only 225 sq feet). I was thinking about one of those mini units.

Also -- is Haier junk?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Assuming you have 2x4 stick built framing, some window units will fit with the vents are spaced out enough so that they will be outside.

As for brand, I think they are all junk these days.

Mar3232

Reaction score
It's a cinder block wall plus 2x4 so pretty deep. I would think it will be ok? -- I plan on one of those mini units, 6000 btu.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
It's more money, (and oversized for the likely load, as is a 6000 BTU window-shaker)) but a 3/4 ton modulating 115V "inverter drive" mini-splitlike a Gree Rio would be quieter and more comfortable delivering more stable room temps, and puts only a 3" hole in the wall. If you have 220-240VAC circuit avaiable you could do even better with a 3/4 ton LG.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks