Will this kitchen sink drain fitting fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Galfromdownunder

Reaction score
This is a super basic question I am sure, but I can't find the exact answer anywhere:
I want to buy this kitchen sink: http://www.wayfairsupply.com/17.25-...ngle-Bowl-Kitchen-Sink-BS131507-DAWN1332.html - the specs say it has a 3.5" drain connection.
Will this Elkay "Universal" drain fitting fit?
http://www.efaucets.com/detail.asp?product_id=LKDSS#reviews
They call it universal but it's just not clear you can use it for any sink except an Elkay - Elkay's page on it http://www.elkay.com/accessories/strainers-fittings-other/lkdss
Says the accessory dimensions are
L: 4-1/2"
W: 4-1/2"
H: 3-1/2"
Apologies if it's elementary, but I've already made 1 expensive mistake buying a wrong-fitting sink (that I now have to try and sell on Craigslist) so I want to be sure! I hate these strainer baskets but at least this thing is a "prettier looking." Thank you!

Reaction score
Stop getting these things by mail order. Let everyone see this is what happens when you do this.

Once you get the sink, the drain you will be able to easily find in any big box store.

I love getting refunds from stores because they all have a return policy.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
First of all kitchen sink basket strainers are all the same size so you can pick any one you want.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
All too often, I've had to jump through hoops to get something to work because it was something new and different, and the customer wants to be on the cutting edge of cool with their new plumbing fixture, and that's a good thing. In plumbing and other trades, tried and true makes for a more trouble-free installation. Some days I like a challenge and some days I don't. Plumbing connections vary between different countries for one thing, and you may try to get something installed before the bugs are worked out, or maybe something that exceeds the experience level of the tradesman. In other words, it doesn't hurt to ask. The things you're looking to install should be compatible, but I've been surprised a few times.

If you're driving through a small town and stop at a café for lunch, best order the blue plate special. It's all figured out and it's what they do best. Yes, they've got lobster burritos flambé with truffles on the menu, but trust me on this one, it could go south.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks