Will this 2 piece Toto work? Limited space

Users who are viewing this thread

Tetley

Reaction score
We are looking to install a new toilet in a small bathroom. The toilet is very close to the bathtub so we are looking to maximize the space. The rough in is 14 inches. A local store said that the following would work:
-Toto Vespin II elongated bowl (CT474CUFG#01)
-Toto Drake II & Vespin II 1.28 Tank (ST454E#01)
-Toto 14" Unifit Rough-In

We are trying to get the toilet as close to the wall as possible. When we called to place the order, another person working at this store said that this would NOT work, even though the previous employee said it would. This person said that the 14" unifit would only work with a 1 piece toilet.

I would appreciate any help or insight into this! We're finding it really hard to find a toilet to fit into this small space with the 14" rough in.

thanks!!!

Reach4

Reaction score
We are trying to get the toilet as close to the wall as possible. When we called to place the order, another person working at this store said that this would NOT work, even though the previous employee said it would. This person said that the 14" unifit would only work with a 1 piece toilet.
That person is mistaken.

The Vespin ii does use the Unifit.

https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst474cefg-specs.pdf agrees with your part numbers.

"As close as possible"? As you can see in the diagram, 3/4 is the typical. You can adjust some by taking advantage of the slot being bigger than the closet bolts. If you are willing to file on the adapter, you can get it as close as you like.

Do you have much in the way of baseboard and/or shoe molding? That can limit how close you can go.

If you will do the install, note the Unifit requires 4 extra hole for screws. If this is over a slab, that can require drilling through concrete. If you have ceramic tile, that can be somewhat hard. Harder than concrete is ceramic tile. Harder still is porcelain tile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have one in the van right now that would work for you.

https://terrylove.biz/home/128-toto-vespin-ii-toilet-cst474cefg.html

I sell them all the time in Seattle and do installations.

cst474_side.jpg

Here is a 14" rough I installed near Green Lake.

Tetley

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses! Terry, we are near Greenlake as well. Does your price include the unifit, bowl and tank? How much do you charge for installations?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks