Wilkins 975xl Flow/Pressure Issues

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by dblackburn, Oct 21, 2016.

1. dblackburn

dblackburn New Member

I have a Wilkins 975xl backflow preventer. It is removed every winter and passes its test before every spring. That said - my sprinkle output is very weak. Each time I run the sprinklers I have to shut off the water coming from the Wilkins and open the three relief valves. This can be done in any order - once all three are open - I shut them off one at a time - open the water valve back up - and my sprinklers run just fine.....

Once done all 5 zones run normally. There are no visible leaves from the preventer.

Thoughts?

2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Has it always done this? I have a Wilkins BF also, not sure of the model #, but your description is quite similar to mine, and I have never had this problem. I will be following this thread to see if there you get an answer to your question.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired