Wife wants new sink

Users who are viewing this thread

James M Fink

Reaction score
Hello and thank you for allowing me to be on this forum. We bought our house new in 1990. We still have the original kitchen sink, double bowl, no disposal and dishwasher has it's own drain. We currently have a 6 inch deep sink and my wife wants a Zuhne 9 inch deep single bowl with offset drain. The plumbing under the sink is all original. Do you think this sink is to deep and will affect the wall drain/p-trap? The wall drain is 16 inches from the cabinet floor. I have read your forums on similar situations but cant wrap my head around it. I greatly appreciate your time.

20200106_160055.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The dishwasher should NOT be connected like that, so you could use that opening for the sink, if the current one is not low enough. Which ever one you do NOT use can be capped as a cleanout, which is what the dishwasher is connected to.

Reach4

Reaction score
We currently have a 6 inch deep sink and my wife wants a Zuhne 9 inch deep single bowl with offset drain.
I am not a plumber. I am thinking that it could work. I would put in a branch tailpiece, and feed the dishwasher into that.

Is the 9 inch top mount, or under-mount? So we are talking 3 inches lower than what you have? Or is that 3 inches plus the depth of the counter.

branch-tailpiece-for-dw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

James M Fink

Reaction score
HJ,
Thank you for the response. While going through the forums, I did not see anything like my set up. Everyone's dishwasher connected to the the sink drain. The dishwasher outlet has it's own p-trap. We are the only owners and bought new in 1990. Wonder why it was installed that way? Oh well, just because it has always been that way does not make it right.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks